As most of you know, I will be finishing residency very shortly. 10 more days to be exact (but who's counting?). After 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, and 4 years of residency, I am about to finally start making more than minimum wage and actually have a life. I will start working part time (about 20 hours a week) in October. Now I'm working 60-80 hours a week so that literally seems like nothing. But God knew I would fall in love with being a mother and provided me with a job that I will make a very good salary AND get to spend most of my time with my kids. People have asked why I would work so hard for so many years just to work part time? Well, I worked this hard so I COULD work part time! Anesthesia is totally the way to go. Anyway, I digress. I will be done with residency July 23, take the board exam August 2, and then.... OFF for 2 months! I keep thinking of things I want to do when I finish, so I have decided to come up with a bucket list - a list of things I want to do when I officially kick the MCG bucket:
1. Play with my beautiful babies! We will watch Superman, go to the pool, play at the mall, whatever they want, I just want to be right there with them. We are going to the beach for 2 weeks as well!
2. Learn to cook. For all our married life, I have been either in school or in training and my poor husband has not complained about there never being anything in the house to eat. But that is about to change. The first thing I want to cook is peanut butter chocolate fudge. Any recipes would be greatly appreciated.
3. Read books for pleasure. I haven't read anything for pleasure since before medical school (8 years ago). I am sure that there have been some good books published since then. I plan to go to the library and pick out whatever I want.
4. Sew Reagan and Grady matching Easter outfits for next year. Sounds silly I know, but I really want to do this. If I'm really good, I'll make myself a dress to match!!!
5. Learn how to edit photos. I take a zillion pictures and would like to know how to play around on the computer and edit them. Any suggestions on programs for this? I've heard many good things about Lightroom.
6. Blog more!
7. Sleep. This needs no explanation.